As of 1 October 2015 Online Accounting and Taxation Solutions has changed name to Affinitas Accounting, you have now been redirected to the new page.

BBQ Talk 2

Welcome to the second edition of BBQ Talk.

This issue is relating to helping you claim as much back on your tax when it comes to logbooks!


To claim the work mileage of your motor vehicle you need to do a log book every year.


This is not necessarily the case. If you are claiming your motor vehicle using the percentage of operating expenses method, a 12 week log book is used to establish your percentage of business use.

This log book percentage can then be used for up to five years unless your use of the vehicle changes greatly. You have the option of doing a log book each year if you wish and this can be useful if you believe you can establish a higher percentage of business use than your current log book.

Make sure when you come into our office at Aspley you have a log book ready so that we can help you claim the maximum amount possible!

Need friendly advice? Talk to our staff today about how we can help your business succeed.

Subscribe to Affinitas Accounting's newsletter for our latest updates, tips of the trade in your email inbox.

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.