As of 1 October 2015 Online Accounting and Taxation Solutions has changed name to Affinitas Accounting, you have now been redirected to the new page.

I’m not an Australian Citizen – Do I still have to lodge a tax return? – BBQ Talk 36

Beryl’s friend is not an Australian Citizen. Does he still have to lodge a Tax Return?


Ans (Tammy from Affinitas)

Yes and no. This depends many factors i.e. are you travelling, here to study or here for an extended period of time.

But if you’re a non resident who lives and works in Australia, yes you do have to do those ATO tax returns. How much you have to pay will depend on a number of factors, contact your tax consultant to discuss your individual circumstances.

If you are interested in the services that we offer and would like to have a chat with one of our friendly staff, please contact us on 3359 5244, visit our website or come see us in our Aspley Office and let us explain what we can do for you!

Need friendly advice? Talk to our staff today about how we can help your business succeed.

Subscribe to Affinitas Accounting's newsletter for our latest updates, tips of the trade in your email inbox.

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.